Creating a website for your business is a cost-effective way to build your brand. A website is a hub or platform used to present your ideas, products, and services to potential customers. When a website is once built, you own the platform, it is yours and you can do with it whatever you want. There is a lot of power and control of owning your own platform. Keep in mind a website is useless unless you can get traffic to your site.
Social media should never take the place of the website as the ultimate destination of the brand.
SOCIAL MEDIA PROS:
- It is free.
- You can really build a strong Personal Brand.
- Millions of people hang out on these platforms including your prospects.
- The tools are pretty easy to use and figure out.
SOCIAL MEDIA CONS:
- You do not own the platform. If the platform decides to cut a tool or change the way they do things and this was your main source of business development, you are sort of out of business.
- Although it is free to sign up, the goal of the platform is getting you to do ads or subscribe to professional versions to gain more exposure. Sometimes the paid tools for boosting your business are challenging to learn which actually becomes costly and if you ever stop, everything you’ve build kind of shuts down, instantly.
- These spaces are cluttered and so if your message isn’t right and on point, you get lost in the clutter.
- Unless you sell products via e-commerce and this is connected to your social platform, it is hard to see an ROI (return on investment) on your efforts and closed deals that are growing your business. It often can be a bit of a guessing game trying to convert Likes and Shares into real money.
- Having a website will make promoting your company less expensive.
- An online site can be visited at any time of the day or night.
- You can access the progress of your website and view all its pages using google analytics.
- Your customers can review your products online and can also leave feedback for you and your business.
- A website gives you the opportunity to prove your credibility.
- Building a website for your business will reduce the telecommunication cost within the business. The Internet provides cheaper means for the business to maintain constant communication with your target audience.
- Great tool for finding new employees
- You can set up personalized email addresses for the company, yourself and your employees.
- The information on your website might be unreliable if not updated on a regular basis.
- Having a website risks attracting bad publicity. If a customer is unhappy with your service or products, then they may feel the need to vent their frustrations online and reference your website in their review/comments.